Water/Heat/Gas meter and valve control devices
Nanotel has developed the first prototype of a battery powered water/heat/gas meter and valve control device and its application server for water/heat/gas supply points of utilities.
One device can control 2 water supply points each having a water meter (with pulse output) and a motorized valve.
The connection between the Device and the Application Server is set up through a standard low power network infrastructure called LoRaWAN.
The supported functions of the Application Server are the following
- Defining new devices
- Defining new meters and assigning (connecting) them to devices
- Calibrating meters (to set how to convert counter values to meter values taking into consideration the pulse value and the offset between counter and meter)
- Collecting pulses from meters
- Getting the actual valve status of meters (open, close, stuck in between…)
- Manual control of valves (open / close)
- Control valves automatically by scheduled commands or upon predefined volume limits (for prepaid consumptions)